Babysitter’s Training: Length 7-8 hours, Ages 11-15 Price: $70+GST View Next Course – REGISTER NOW!
Prerequisites: Participants must be a minimum of 11 years of age. Course registration must be completed by the child’s parent or guardian.
The Canadian Red Cross Babysitter’s Training course is a basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11–15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to younger children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies.
• How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
• How to make good decisions and manage dif cult behaviours
• Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
• How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
• How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
• First aid skills
• The business of babysitting
All course lengths are approximate and may vary depending upon the number of participants and dedication to learning the material involved!